Sorry that I’m just posting Instagram pictures again but I really liked these little ‘detail’ shots. Soft new socks & a sleepy pooch // Deep-fried oreo (amazing!) // The cutest little house just round the corner from where I live // A picnic-esque bag and peach shoes (which said pooch has now destroyed) // New sandals from Office, in the park // Cycling on a lovely day!
Follow me on Instagram: @madeby_millie xo
Do you have an old or vintage suitcase lying around that is cute but a bit too plain or boring to make you want to use it?
Do you like floral patterns and DIY?
If the answers to these are yes, this might be the post for you!
(I’ll stop being cheesy now)
I won this vintage olive green Antler vanity case on eBay a few months ago
I thought it was sweet, but a bit ‘meh’ so I decided to spruce it up! And it’s really easy! All you need is:
- Fabric (I only needed a fat quarter, but it really depends on the size of your case and if you want to cover front and back – I just did the front to avoid overkill)
- Mod Podge – the best glue in existence. Available at good (large) craft shops or on Amazon
- Paintbrush that you don’t mind getting gluey
- Pen or pencil
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Poking instrument – I used an awl but you can use anything really, a butter knife would be good, just be careful!
Here’s what to do;
- Place fabric face down and put your suitcase on top
- Carefully draw around the case with a pen or pencil – just make it clear enough so you’ll be able to see where to cut
- Cut out the shape – repeat with the other side of the case if you’re doing both sides
- Paste a thin layer of Mod Podge over the part of the case you’re covering – a little goes a long way so cool it, you don’t want it to all squidge out of the sides!
- Lay the fabric over the glue and smooth out making sure there’s no bubbles or gaps
- Using your poking instrument, push the edges of the fabric in to make a clean line around the sides of the case
- Leave to dry, then when it’s fully dry add another layer of Mod Podge to seal the fabric, making sure you paste a lot around the edges – you don’t want them to peel off!
and that’s it! Leave to dry and then enjoy your adorable new suitcase or vanity case. I also made a matching headband using the same technique – it’s addictive.
I’m so excited because I’m going to Spain tomorrow! We booked it months and months ago so I never thought the day was going to come but it finally has. It’s been so great knowing these past few weeks while we’ve been having horrible weather in Manchester that soon I will be in sunnier climes. I just can’t wait to go adventuring!
Here’s what I wore yesterday:
Cardigan – Therapy @ House of Fraser // Dress – Primark // Anchor brooch – Topshop // French bulldog pin – Bright Hearts // Necklace – Rosie Wonders // Tattoo tights – Topshop // Socks – Topshop // Shoes – Vans
I took my dog for a really long walk yesterday (hence wet shoes) and then I went into town to pick up some last minute holiday bits. It was an absolute scorcher yesterday! I’m a bit annoyed that it’s been so wet for so long and now that I’m going on holiday it’s finally brightened up! Since it was so hot I got a new berry-hibiscus ‘Refresha’ from Starbucks (hate the name, love the drink). It was really funny posting the second picture on instagram because a few people were like ‘for a second then I thought you’d suddenly had your whole legs tattooed’! If only ;). Today I’ve started packing, so that’s probably what I’ll be doing for the rest of the day! Adios! xo
Cats eye sunglasses – ASOS/DIY (I pulled a couple of flowers off a Primark flower crown and hot-glued them onto the wings) // Space print bikini – Topshop (I’m in love)